©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, July 27, 2017

12 Days at Bleakly Manor

Michelle Griep is an author I've always enjoyed ever since I found her.  12 Days at Bleakly Manor is a rollicking read that takes place over Christmas. A random group of people have been invited to spend the twelve days of Christmas at Bleakly Manor.  A skeleton staff has been left to see to the needs of the guests.  What the guests don't really know is that they are being watched.

This book reminds me of those parties where the guests play characters in a murder mystery and the job of each one is to find out "who-dunit."  Clara Chapman and Benjamin Lane are two of the guests.  A year ago, they were supposed to be married, but Ben stood Clara up at the altar, or so she thought.

While the rest of the guests are having to find what is missing in their lives, Clara and Ben are having to find what they've lost.

This is one of the most compelling books I've read in a while.  I give it five stars, two thumbs up, and a stay at a manor house.

My thanks to Shiloh Run Press for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment