©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Though My Heart Is Torn

I read Joanne Bischof's first book, Be Still My Soul, and found myself loving Lonnie and Gideon O'Reilly. Though My Heart Is Torn picks up their story where Be Still My Soul left off. Lonnie and Gideon are learning to love each other and have a son to love as well. Now Lonnie gets a letter from home telling her that her mother is sick and it's her dying wish to see Lonnie once again. The letter is a trick to get them home so that Lonnie's father can spring the fact that Gideon was married once before and that the marriage was never severed. There is a whole quagmire to wade through in this book.

Joanne writes in such a way that you feel what Lonnie and Gideon feel, you hurt when they hurt, and your heart is broken when their hearts are broken. While making the decision of how to deal with the situation, Lonnie is subjected to her father's verbal abuse. Cassie Allan is determined to make her marriage to Gid work, regardless of his feelings about the matter. Gid can't stand the way Lonnie's father treats her, so he sends her back to live with Jebediah and Elsie. When Lonnie leaves, her mom sends her little sister, Addie, to live with Lonnie and her son, to get her away from Lonnie's father.

This book takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions, and in some parts indignation. I cannot wait for the final book in the series to come out; this is another one of those books where I am disappointed it ended. I want to know the final outcome NOW!

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, but only one wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment