©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Phoebe's Light

Suzanne Woods Fisher generally writes Amish Fiction and her Amish stories are hard to put down.  Her newest book is about the history of the Quakers and centers on Phoebe Starbuck and Matthew Macy.  Phoebe is in good standing with her meeting, but Matthew is not.  Matthew has loved Phoebe for a long time, but she's in love with Phineas Foulger, a whale boat captain.

While most of Suzanne's writing is impeccable, this book did not draw me in as much as her others do.  I was disappointed in the lack of interest the book brought out.  It seemed to me to be dry.  Three Stars.  As a disclaimer, my opinions are my own. 

My thanks to Revell Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment