©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, July 14, 2018

A Love for Leah

Leah is the Mennonite daughter of an Amish family.  Several years ago, Hanah, Leah's twin sister, wanted to leave home, so Leah went with her knowing that Hannah would come back to the family and to the church.  When Leah came back home, she'd joined the Mennonite church where she found more peace than she's ever had before.

When Jamie moves to town with his mute nephew, he's hoping to find healing for Peter.  It is when Peter is with Leah that he begins talking again. Leah is not really interested in Jamie at first because he's Amish and she's not willing to leave the Mennonites.

Amy Lillard did such a wonderful job on this book, it was an incredible pleasure to read.  I learned some things about the Amish I didn't know before, and I learned a bit about the Mennonites.  I watched the characters define themselves by their beliefs and by their own closeness to God.  It is always inspirational to see a character grow and learn things from his/her growth that I can apply to my own life.

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and the joy of finding Jesus Christ as your own!

Penguinn/Random House provided the galley I read through NetGalley.com.  I appreciate the opportunity they provided me.

No comments:

Post a Comment