©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, January 27, 2020

A Girl's Guide to the Outback

This is my second book to read by Jessica Kate (first one reviewed here) and after rereading my review, I must say that Jessica did not disappoint me.  With this offering, she offers laughs, passion, and tears.  Her characters are engaging, believable, and likable. 

Kim has drive to make her dreams come true, but there's something holding her back.  Sam has the God-gifted talent to reach out for is dreams, but he, too, is being held back. 

Then, there's Sam's sister, Jules, and her ex-boyfriend, Mick, both have things to work out for their relationship as well. 

Kim and Sam work in a ministry to teens called WildFire.  Kim has huge dreams to expand the ministry and Sam wants nothing to do with expansion.  Just as she's about to make her proposal to the board of directors, Sam is called home to help Jules with the farm.  When Sam gets to the farm, he sees that he needs Kim's special skill set to save the farm. He calls her up and asks her to come see what she can do. 

I really can't give much more of synopsis without giving away some main points of the plot that the readers should discover for themselves.  Again, I have to say that Jessica's writing has improved by quite a few notches.  She has filled out the plot with intriguing characters and complex settings.  This is a five star book with thumbs up and a border collie/toy poodle cross puppy.

My thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley.com for providing the galley I read for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment