©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Romancing Nadine

Amy Lillard writes Amish Fiction quite well, usually. But Romancing Nadine aggravated me.  Amos Fisher claims that Nadine Burkhart is the woman God has chosen for him.  He pursues her relentlessly in spite of rebuff after rebuff.  She finally caves in to his pursuit and begins to care for him. 

In this book, I see so many things wrong.  Nadine lives with her widowed daughter-in-law and the two of them take grumpiness to new levels.  Nadine's lack of personableness make this book hard to read.  I was tempted more than once to just give up on the book and move on to something else. 

This is at best a two star book.  Some people might like it, but the premise was too hard for me to grasp. 

Kensington Books and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment