©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Braced for Love

 

When I started reading this book, I felt like I was watching a train wreck, I didn't know where to look next.  There are so many characters populating this book that I needed a play-book to keep them all straight.  First, there are three brothers: Falcon, Kevin, and Wyatt Hunt who have all inherited one-third of their father's ranch.  The problem is that none of the brothers knew the others existed.  On the way to Wyoming to receive their inheritance, Falcon and Wyatt were subjects of attempts on their lives by men who wanted to keep them from getting the land.  

The Hunt Brother's father, Clovis, is described as a coyote, a sidewinder, and most accurately a bigamist. He used the law to his advantage to take control of Wyatt's mother's land.  Wyatt and his sister, Cheyenne, were supposed to be the ones to inherit the land but Clovis stole two-thirds of it from under their noses and nothing could be done about it.  

Wyatt resented the two other brothers from the get-go and they were not exactly happy with him either. In spite of all the misgivings the brothers had, they still came together when the attempts to harm Falcon and Kevin continued. 

Mary Connealy writes Western style romances with a heavy dose of humor mixed in.  While I normally truly enjoy her books, I didn't like this one as much as some of her others.  I did not experience the entertainment I usually get.  Others may like this book more than I did, but this just wasn't the book I needed to read right now.   Three Stars. 

Bethany House and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment