©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Fly Home to Me


The one redeeming thing about this book is that it doesn't take long to read and it isn't very involved.  I wish I could have liked it better, but it seemed the most important thing in this book was how many times the characters changed clothes and what they were wearing.  There really wasn't a lot of character development, although the setting seemed to be fully fleshed out.  

Piper Holland is caught in a traffic jam when she sees an Air Force man helping to push a stalled vehicle out of an intersection.  When she finally gets through the intersection and to her destination--the dry cleaners--she finds that the Good Samaritan has come to the same dry cleaners to pick up his cleaning.  She tries to pay for his cleaning bill and thus begins their relationship. The rest of the book is spent with them getting together with clothing changes in between.  Piper does some reconciling with friends and family, but the majority of the book is Piper trying to figure out what to wear.  The Air Force Hottie (as he is described in the book) is imaginative about the dates he plans for Piper and himself and that is the best part of the book. 

I know this review is rather harsh, but since I finished the book two days ago, I haven't been able to find anything more positive about the book.  This is the first book I've read by Chalon Linton, and it will probably be the last book I read by her. 

One Star.  

Covenant Publishing and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment