©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Love on the Range

 


This is the third book in the Brothers in Arms series.  I read the first one and got a rather ho-hum impression of the book.  I didn't read the second one and found myself lost from the get-go on this third one.  It's hard to tell where all the characters fit in because I didn't read the second one.  Most of the time when I read something I don't particularly like by an author I have really liked previously, I will give that author the benefit of the doubt and just say it was a one off kind of thing.  Love on the Range and the whole Brothers in Arms series does not fit that description. The reader has to begin with the first book and read them in order to keep up with the characters and where they fit. Even doing this, the readers may find themselves a bit lost.  With so many in the mix, it is hard to keep in mind that this is Molly's and Wyatt's story. Everyone seems to be trying to take a starring role, and no one is willing to be a supporting cast member. 

I really wish I could have enjoyed the book more, but it didn't seem to have the element of fun I've experienced in other Mary Connealy books. Ultimately, how much a reader likes a book comes down to personal taste.  There will be other readers who absolutely love this book and will rate it highly.  I wish I were one of those readers, but I am not.  Two stars. 

Bethany House and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment