©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, January 14, 2022

Not So Enchanting


I think this is my second Kristi Ann Hunter book to read.  It is the third in Hearts on the Heath series and I began reading the second book of the series--Winning the Gentleman.  So Enchanting the Heiress came up and I thought it would be of the same caliber as Winning the Gentleman.  

When I get involved in a book, I tend to not put it down for any reason, because I am anxious to see how the book turns out, but at the same time, I never want the book to end.  Let me just say that I could not have cared less about reading this book.  

The Heiress is Harriet Hancock, a manipulative woman who believes that she knows what is best for other people and describes her own machinations as "just trying to help."  Her latest victim is Jonas Fitzroy, a jockey/trainer for Aaron Whitworth. She lies and exploits Jonas at every turn, while he believes her to be sincere.  That they would fall in love by the end of the book boggles my imagination.  

This plot moved so slowly that it was hard for me to stay engaged in the story. I hate giving bad reviews with nothing good to say about the book, but this one just wasn't up to the level of quality I expect.  And having enjoyed Winning the Gentleman so much, I was truly disappointed in this book. Two Stars. 

Bethany House and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment