©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, December 23, 2022

Everything Is Just Beginning


I cracked open this book, not really sure why I requested to read it, but the farther into it I got, the more compelled I was to continue on.  One of the forces that drove me on in reading it was some of the main characters shared my maiden name--Wheeler.  I mean, just because of that, I have to read it. 

Everything is Just Beginning is a rather sad, angsty book wrapped around deep-seated hurts and  anger.  Some of the characters are less than reputable, some are upstanding in spite of their past, some are the kinds of people who reach down to lift others up.  It takes all kinds to make a world and it takes all kinds to make a novel worth reading. 

Erin Bartels has centered this novel in Detroit, Michigan, around the music business and shows the readers just how involved the music world is for those who would try to break into it and become successful.  The plot line in this novel has a few twists and turns that take the reader by surprise, and there are a few issues that are dealt with on such a deep level that it requires thought and contemplation to fully get the ideas being presented through the words and actions of the characters.  Michael and Natalie are incredible young people with a moral compass and maturity that is rare in someone of their youth.  They have their faults and foibles, but they also have their strengths that make them the kinds of characters readers love.  

This is a five star book, with two thumbs up, and a new set of guitar strings.  

Revell Publishing provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment