©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Piece of Cake

 


I read quite a few reviews of this book before I cracked it open and was kind of afraid of how bad the book might actually be.  I was pleasantly surprised.  While the plot isn't deep, it is an entertaining read.  The characters have a lot more development than I expected and I thoroughly enjoyed the book.  It is the kind of read that fills some extra time without filling the reader's mind with a lot of depth.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Every now and again, readers needs some fluff in their TBR pile.  

Claire is trying to build a new reputation for herself with the Piece of Cake Magazine after she scorched the earth on her previous employer's wedding planning service.  Claire's boss has brought in a media guru from New York to gain a social media presence for the magazine and tasks Claire to work with him.  At first she is resistant, but eventually gets on board with the idea.  Watching all this unfold is a delight for the readers, especially when it comes down to her own sister's wedding--planned by her former boss.  

Mary Hollis Huddleston and Asher Fogle Paul have collaborated to create a fun read for whiling away an afternoon or two.  Four Stars.

Harper Muse provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment