©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Julia Monroe Begins Again and Again and Again


Julia Monroe Begins Again is a cute novel about second starts, second chances, and new beginnings.  If I were to sit and count the times Julia started over with something or other, I'd still be counting even though I finished the book last week.  

Julia has had to start life over after her husband died ten years prior.  She had to go to work to raise her sons, maintain her home, and keep body and soul together.  Now there is a new wrinkle in her new beginnings--an old flame has shown up at her church and wants to reclaim their relationship.  Julia is gun-shy where Samuel is concerned.  There's too much history, too much brokenness, and too much chemistry/electricity between them.  Also, there are her sons to think about.  

There are laugh-out-loud moments in this book and some angsty moments, but overall, this is a fun book to read,  It is my first by Rebekah Millet, but I hope it won't be my last. She puts some new wrinkles in the Romance Novel Formula, which makes this a refreshing read.  She also brings in the culture of New Orleans in a way that gives the reader a sense of belonging.  And I wish I could have one of Kate's Beignets.  

Four Strong Stars

Bethany House provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment