©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, May 16, 2024

With Each Tomorrow


With Each Tomorrow is the second book in the Jewels of Kalispell series.  I truly enjoyed the first book of the series and I generally love books by these authors, but this one was a miss for me.  Tracie Peterson has been writing since the dawn of time, almost, and I have loved everything I've read by Kimberley Woodhouse.  

For the most part, I couldn't get past Eleanor's behavior and entitlement.  She bullied her way around situations that would have been better handled with a touch of kindness instead.  She held onto her attitude throughout most of the book.  That the authors would write in a character who was drawn to her baffles me.  Carter Brunswick seems to gather great pleasure in poking the bear known as Eleanor, to the point that he tells her he'd never marry her, and she wasn't good enough for him. 

This is one of the hardest novels I've read and tried to get through.  I couldn't appreciate the plot and most of the characters, but the one saving grace was the setting.  I've been through Glacier National Park and it is breath-takingly beautiful.  I wish that the setting had played a bigger role in the plot.  I've read other books based around national parks that are far more enjoyable.  I count this as only one miss in a history of hits.  It happens.  But this is my opinion, someone else may truly enjoy the book and all that it offers. 

Three Stars. 

Bethany House Publishers provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment