©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, November 26, 2018

Light Over London

When I saw that this was a time slip book about World War II, I decided I HAD to read it.  I was not disappointed.  It contains everything a good book should:  no formulas, but mysteries, humor, and just a bit of romance.  

Cara is helping her boss evaluate catalog the antiques in an estate for possible sale in his antique shop.  In going through the pieces of furniture, Cara finds a diary dating back to 1942.  It becomes an obsession for Cara to find the owner of the diary and find out the history and what happens after the diary ends.  

It takes a lot of research and digging to find out the facts behind the entries in the diary.  Cara finds help through her next door neighbor, Liam, and Liam finds friendship and more in Cara.  

Julia Kelly has written a top notch novel that kept me up way past my bedtime.  This is definitely a five star book, two thumbs, and a mysterious diary to stir up your imagination. 

My thanks to Gallery Books for allowing me to read and review this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment