©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Daring Escape

Every time I see a World War II book in my list of possible reads, I have to get it if I can.  Then it resides in my TBR pile for a month or so until I can get to it.  That's just my life. But, I was thrilled when it became time to read A Daring Escape by Tricia Goyer.

Amity Mitchell is working in London as a tutor for a teen girl in the years preceding Germany taking over Europe. Her brother is working for Home Office and is in Czechoslovakia working with the refugees and getting the children out of the country. He writes Amity to come help him get the children ready for the kindertransport.

There are several overlapping stories, which delays the denouement for quite a while in the book.  There are quite a few characters in this book, but because they have their own stories, they make sense within the book.  I found that I couldn't wait to see how things turned out, so I jumped ahead to the end of the book.  Drama plays a big role in the movement within the book.  It's well researched, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed some of her other books.  It's a solid 4 stars. 

My thanks to Harvest House Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment