©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, March 23, 2018

Hidden Places

This novel by Tracie Peterson had me intrigued from the time I got through all the acknowledgements and copyright pages until I got to the very end.  She takes on the early 1900s in San Francisco and the political corruption as well as shanghai-ing of men to work on ships bringing in goods to the US.

Camri came to California to find her brother who hasn't been heard from for four months.  Along the way, she meets his boss, a man he once defended for murder, and everyone she meets has no clue where her brother is. 

Kenzie and Judith have both come to San Francisco searching for something unfulfilled in their lives.  By introducing Kenzie and Judith, Tracie has given herself a setup for future novels to make this a series. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

There are things that don't make a lot of sense to me in this book, but they do not detract from the book in the least. Of all the scenarios I could have imagined for Camri's brother to be found, the one Tracie used was the furthest from my mind.  So much of the book I could tell, but it would spoil it for those who haven't read it yet, and even though I don't mind spoilers, others do, so I won't spoil it. 

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a rescued shanghai

My thanks to Bethany House for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment