©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Shadows of Hope

I've never read anything by Georgiana Daniels before, but the book I just finished was too hard to put down. In fact, I stayed up till 1:00 or 2:00 am (time changed last night, so I am not sure of the time) to finish this heartbreaking book.  I WISH that there was more to the book.  Georgiana left a lot of issues unsolved and left me with a poor taste in my mouth.  But then, maybe she is going to write a sequel.

Marissa was the director of a crisis pregnancy center and always met her co-owner at the coffee shop every morning before work.  She loved the particular shop because of her barista who always knew how to fix her coffee without even taking her order.

Kaitlyn, the barista, was having an affair with her college biology professor and he breaks up with her just as she's coming to tell him she's pregnant.  She meets Marissa again at the crisis pregnancy center and an unlikely friendship forms between them. 

Colin is Marissa's husband and he's also Kaitlyn's paramour, but there are some cords to untangle to get to the bottom of this book.  Colin is working toward tenure at the university where he teaches, he's keeping secrets about his family from Kaitlyn, and keeping secrets about Kaitlyn from Marissa. 

These are all shadows in the book with a few others thrown in for good measure.  I am wishing more loose ends were tied up in this book.  The plot movement is perfect and the characters are incredibly believable.  But because of the loose ends, I give it a four stars.

My thanks to Barbour Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment