©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Enigma Wrapped in a Puzzle

I love Sarah Sundin's writing and it has taken me a few days to decide how I wanted to write this review.  The Sky Above Us is the second novel in her Normandy series, and her factual information that is woven into the book is flawlessly researched as always.  (Sarah, I am sorry about this next part, but you can tell there is a big BUT coming up here.)

Adler Paxton is a pilot in the Army Air Corps, and Violet Lindstrom is a Red Cross lady.  It is obvious from the first time they meet in the novel, they will end up together, but their relationship has to go through the "romance novel formula" to get there. I know Sarah has written many novels without this trite formula, but I found it off-putting in this particular novel.  I am just going to count this as a one-off type happening and I will keep on reading her novels.  I just can only give this book 3 stars.

My thanks to Revell and NetGalley.com for providing the galley I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment