©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, August 17, 2019

The Reluctant Brides Collection

Barbour Books has a reputation for producing anthologies that are always entertaining and great reading for an afternoon of leisure.  The Reluctant Brides Collection has a novella by one of my favorite authors, which is why I chose to read it.  As I read through the book, these stories seemed awfully familiar.  I felt like I'd read them before.  It's possible I have, but they are still entertaining for a lazy afternoon with a glass of iced tea.

These stories are all about women who want to be independent, who don't want to get married, but somehow get bitten by the love bug.  They are also about men who truly understand the women they love and strive to help them achieve their dreams, regardless of the obstacles in front of them. 

It's a solid four star olio that is great for rainy afternoon reading.

I thank Barbour Books and NetGalley.com for providing the galley for me to read and review.


No comments:

Post a Comment