©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Yours Truly,

While I was growing up, my father worked for the post office and once I asked him what happened to letters that couldn't be delivered.  He told me about the dead letter office, where undeliverable mail goes to die.  When I saw that this book was available, I knew I wanted to read it. 

Penny Ercanbeck has been working in the dead letter office for three years.  She has had some letters cross her desk all from the same man, and all signed, "Yours Truly, Thomas." There is something plaintive in the letters to a Clara who lives in Alexandria, VA, that Penny decides to do something about it.

First she has to figure out who Clara is, and when she does, she goes to find Clara, only to find that she is dead.  Second, she has to figure out where Thomas is writing from. Once she finds that, she decides to go to find Thomas and find out his story. 

Rachel Fordham has written a great romance about two people who need some healing from things in their lives, and then they have to fight outer demons as well.  Her writing style is extremely readable and her plot pacing is on point.  Her characters are well-rounded and fully engaged in their roles within the book.  These are all signs of great writing. 

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a romantic letter from your one true love.

I want to thank Revell Publishing and NetGalley.com for providing the galley I read for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment