©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, October 10, 2019

A Love Restored

I looked briefly at the reviews of this book, and the positives are overwhelming.  Ruth Ann Sutton is a curvaceous woman with sass, sarcasm, and dry wit.  She is also the teacher at the Freedman's school for children of color after the War between the States. She doesn't fit into the societal norms and that sticks in her mother's craw. 

Benjamin Coulter is a surveyor for the railroad that is coming through the town where Ruth Ann lives.  He meets her while she's bathing in the creek. 

This is a formulaic romance by Kelly Goshorn, where boy meets girl, boy gets girl, boy dumps girl, and then boy gets girl back.    I just couldn't read the whole book, especially after I read the ending (I do this often and then go back and read the book through--most of the time.)   I do not understand how a woman can go back to a man who left her for another woman.....whether they were married or not.  I have seen so much hurt in women who have had this happen to them that they were not able to overcome the betrayal.  That is why I think this book is not really believable.    It's a three star book.

I do want to thank NetGalley.com and the Pelican Publishing Group for allowing me to read and review this book.  The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment