©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

An Amish Wedding Feast on Ice Mountain

I thought I would finish out this year by being caught up on my reviews.  I just finished An Amish Wedding Feast on Ice Mountain last night.  Rather than let this book stew in my mind, I'm going to get the review done before the year is done.

This is a Cinderella story where a man's daughter (Beth) is living with her stepmother and stepsister after her father's death.  The only problem is stepmom and stepsis expect Beth to wait on them hand and foot.  Stepsister, Rose, has her eyes on a man who only has eyes for Beth.  Rose was going to do anything she could to prevent any wedding plans Beth might have. She and stepmom, Viola, conspire to keep Beth away from Ransom, the man in question.

There are a lot of interesting aspects to this book.  A great aunt of Ransom's comes to visit with her menagerie:  a parrot named Jack, three dogs, a guinea pig named pig, a pig named Petunia; and before the end of the book another dog gets added to the bunch.  Their antics make the book totally entertaining. 

I am not sure how many of Kelly Long's books I've read, but this one is certainly memorable and entertaining.  I especially like the twist Kelly put in the Cinderella story when Viola apologizes to Beth for how she's been treated. 

This is a five star book, with two thumbs up, and a blueberry pie for dessert.

I would like to thank Kensington Books and NetGalley.com for providing the galley I read for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment