©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

The Bridge to Belle Island

This book opens up with Benjamin Booker's colossal failure in the court room, followed fairly quickly by a murder.  Benjamin is picked by the owner of the law firm to go to Belle Island to check out the heir to the murdered man.  In the meantime, another man is murdered and all evidence points to Belle Island and Isabelle for whom the island is named. 

Julie Klassen is a marvelous author who writes historical fiction with grace and aplomb.   I really haven't found one of her books I didn't like.  Some I've liked better than others, and this one kind of fell into the lesser liked category.  A lot of my determination on this is probably my mood.  Sometimes I'm in the mood for heavier plot lines and sometimes I'm in the mood for fluff. 

I give this book four solid stars.  My thanks go to Bethany House for always publishing a quality product, and through NetGalley.com for providing the galley I read for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment