©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Monday, May 4, 2020

Courting Calamity

When I read the title of this book I assumed it was going to have heroines who would be flibberty-gibbets.  Instead, I read a collection of novellas that had natural disasters, or war, or other causes that were out of the control of the characters.  Each of the stories engaged me from the very beginning until I finished the whole collection.  😉

This collection is one of the better ones that Barbour Publishing has put out in a while, and I enjoy all of the ones I read from them.  Not all of the stories have the ladies marrying to stations above them, not all of them had totally happy endings, not all of them were sweetly tied up in little pink bows, but many of the characters suffer hardships and come out on top with God at their sides. 

This is a great collection to read during this time of self-isolating, especially because of the self-isolating.  Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a sweet read for those lonely afternoons.

Barbour Publishing and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  The opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment