©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, May 14, 2020

When I Meet You

I am an amateur genealogist and I enjoy finding the stray relatives that I didn't know were related to me.  So, it's been fun for me to read Olivia Newport's series on family trees.  I do have to say that my father always said you should never try to climb the family tree because you don't know what kind of nuts you will shake out.  We knew some of the nuts in our tree, but there are still more to find.

Jillian is a genealogist who makes her living helping insurance companies find heirs, matching lost belongings to the right people, or just researching family trees for people.  When her father hijacks her from her work to take her to Denver to see a trunk, she becomes intrigued in digging up the whole story.  In the research, she finds something she wasn't expecting, a new man-friend.

There are so many layers to this book that make it so great to read--Jillian and her father's relationship, the history behind the trunk, the people who are descendants of the original trunk owners, and ultimately how all these things twine together to make a cohesive narrative.  This is a five-star book with two thumbs up and a completed family tree to hang on your wall.

Shiloh Run Press and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review and all opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment