©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Friday, August 7, 2020

What You Said to Me

 I am rather disappointed with Olivia Newport's final book in her Tree of Life Series.  There were too many loose branches that were left hanging.  I think she needs to write one more book to let us know if Tisha's father ever decided to meet her, whether Drew and Jill get married, and if Tisha finds Morclavia's twin. 

The book itself is engaging from the very beginning to the end.  The plot moves at a fair clip, and the history of Tisha's family intrigues the reader. Olivia's writing style is appealing to me and her romantic inclusions are not smarmy, but well thought-out and realistic.  This really is a good book, but the loose ends made it a bit disappointing for me.  Four Solid Stars. 

Barbour Publishing and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment