©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

A Double Dose of Love

 


Even though Darla is the older twin, Amanda has been tasked with taking care of her and watching over her all of her life.  When Darla sees an ad for single women to move to Birch Creek, she decides that she needs the adventure and the possibility of being a mail-order bride. 

Meanwhile in Birch Creek, Zeb and Zeke are twin brothers trying to build up a horse farm, and Zeb is getting tired of Zeke skipping out whenever there is work to be done.  

Darla and Zeke seem to be cut from the same fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants cloth, and Amanda and Zeb seem to serious for their own good--both having been the responsible twin while they were growing up.  

I didn't enjoy this book by Kathleen Fuller as much as I have enjoyed her other offerings, but it could be that I am not in a mood right now to read Amish fiction.  Kathleen's writing is impeccable, it just wasn't the right read for me right now. Four Stars.

Zondervan and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment