©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Kingdom of Love

 


Tracie Peterson is a prolific author who has honed her craft to an artform! This new collection of three short novels is one of my favorite anthologies I've read this year.  I truly enjoy Medieval stories, although I wouldn't give up my modern conveniences for anything.  The dukes and duchesses who are responsible for the lives of those entrusted to them take those responsibilities seriously in these three stories.  From an arranged marriage that becomes a love match, to a group of orphaned children collected along a journey to the northern part of the country, these tales have something for every romance reader, gentle heroes who can be firm when needed, loving heroines who see things beyond how they look on the surface, a bit of treachery, and a loving reunion among long, lost relatives.  

The first two stories in the book make a short series, while the third one takes place about two hundred years later.  

Tracie's skill in bringing characters and settings to life is unparalleled.  Her research into the lives and times of those living in such primitive times is spot on.  Her ability to craft such enjoyable prose makes me envious of her talent.  

This is a five-star book, with two thumbs up, and a rescuer of damsels in distress.  

Barbour Books provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment