©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Accidental Guardian

There are times that predictable books do not bother me, and I will read books I like over and over again. But there are times that predictability is annoying. 

Deb and Gwen along with two very young children are the only survivors of an attack on a wagon train.  Before they can collect their thoughts, Trace Riley finds them and makes a plan to take them to his cabin and safety. The relationship begins on a predictable trajectory.  The bad guys in the book take the predictable route of using Deb to get to Trace. 

I can give this book three stars. It is enjoyable, but it is entirely put-down-able.  Mary Connealy writes "Western Romance" and usually with a healthy dose of humor.  I wish this had been up to Mary's norm.

My thanks to Bethany House for allowing me to read and review this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment