©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Holiday Stitches

Three novellas about sewing in one form or another, three well-known authors who have honed their craft and produced some of the best novels I've read.  What surprised me most is reading a pre-quel to a series of books I've already read.

Barbour Books has really hit the right button with these three stories.  There are characters to love, characters to be annoyed with, characters who surprise, characters who touch the heart, and characters who turn you upside down.

These novellas take a bit more than an hour each to read.  The time era is late 1800s to early 1900s.  Each of the heroines are portrayed as talented with a needle and thread and because of that they have more opportunities in their worlds--marketable skills.

This is a five star book, two thumbs up, and a well sewn garment.

My thanks to Barbour Books for allowing me to read and review this book.  I received it through NetGalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment