©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Teacher's Bride

I absolutely adore Kathleen Fuller's Amish novels.  She writes believable characters with a twist of humor. In The Teacher's Bride, Ruby is the kind of woman who acts without thinking through the consequences of her actions. 

Christian is the local teacher who never moves without a thorough examination of all possible consequences. Christian wants a wife and he has a specific girl in mind, but all of his attempts fall through.

Ruby wants a husband, but she's willing to set aside her wants to help Christian become approachable toward the girl he wants to court.

Sometimes I will cherry-pick my reading list to find something a bit lighter in depth.  This book fit that particular attribute to a T.  It was hard to put down and kept me involved in the story from beginning to end.  Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a raspberry pie.

My thanks to Zondervan Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment