©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Since You've Been Gone

 


This isn't the best book I've read this year, but it is a light read that is entertaining for a few hours.  I wasn't too sure about it in the beginning, and I wasn't sure I wanted to finish it, but the more I got into it. the more I found to like about it.  

The character I liked best in the whole book was Otis, the brass hippo.  In this book, the reader finds out Otis' secrets, including how Otis came into being. and that alone makes the book worth reading.  I am glad that this is the last book in the series, because Otis is the lynchpin that held the series together. 

Tari Faris is a fairly good author whose style of writing was a bit formulaic for me.  It's still a good "palate cleanser" type book that goes well between heavier reads.  

Leah has come home to Heritage to sort out her grandmother's home and possibly reopen her grandfather's store.  The one thing standing between her and reaching her goals is Jon, the boy who teased her unmercifully in high school.  Somehow, they have to come together to make a partnership for the business.  Jon's Uncle Dale tries to throw a monkey wrench into the works at every turn as far as the business goes.  Working things out for Leah's and Jon's relationship becomes a full time job in addition to getting the store back into operating condition. 

I give this book four stars. 

Revell Publishing and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment