©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Sunday, August 8, 2021

The Best of All Worlds


So if I had the capacity to roam and do what I love, I'd do exactly what Aria is doing in her traveling book shop.  But if I am honest with myself, I am a homebody and that much traveling is just a bit beyond what my true makeup is.  Aria has gathered the crumbs of her life and taken it on the road. 

Aria is a young widow who has decided that her husband was her one true love and she just won't take a chance on love again.  With her friends Rosie and Max, she goes to France with her bookmobile and travels from one festival to another. Along the way she meets Jonathan, who she doesn't know is her favorite contemporary author. There is an attraction, but she's not willing to pursue it to see where it will go.  UNTIL she receives the last diary her late husband wrote.  Her mother-in-law has been holding this from her for the last three years because Aria followed her husband's wishes instead of her mother-in-law's desires. 

What Aria doesn't know is that Jonathan's book tour is following where her caravan is going, so she runs into him frequently, and he's a patient man.  

At first, this novel was a bit sluggish, but there were some significant points that Rebecca Raisin made in the book:  
  1. Grief has no time-line, but, if allowed, it can consume the person in grief
  2. Being yourself is the best person you can be 
  3. Love is findable, if you take the blindfold off
  4. Love is findable, if you don't push too hard to make it happen
  5. Being a friend is more important than coming out on top
Four strong stars. 

Harper 360 and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment