©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Thursday, May 18, 2023

A Beautiful Disguise


Roseanna M White is generally a good author to read and very interesting, but I found I couldn't drum up the interest in this novel.  First of all, it's been done before.  Second there are so many characters populating the plot, it is hard to keep up with them all.  Last, there are so many tangents that are polluting what could be a charming book.  This is not to say the book has no redeeming values.  Her descriptions of the settings and the machinations of the Imposters are fun to behold.  

I've enjoyed other books by Roseanna, but not this one.  That is not to mean it is a bad book.  It means my head wasn't in the right space for this novel.  I'll give it four stars, because I know there are  people who will enjoy it immensely and not be daunted by the crowded populace of characters.  

Bethany House provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment