©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The Legacy of the Rocking K Ranch


This anthology contains novellas by some familiar authors and some that are not so familiar to me.  The theme of the book is the legacy left by four generations of strong women who carve out their own niches in this world in spite of societal norms.  

Mary Connealy usually writes humorous Western type novels, but her offering here is a bit more serious, and I must say I enjoyed it more than I have her other novels I've read.  Her writing sets the stage for the rest of the book.  

All four generations of women in this anthology are strong and hard-working women who overcome massive hardships of one kind or another.  The men are supportive, intelligent, loving, and hard-working too.  It made reading this collection so worthwhile.  It is hard to put down, even between episodes. Readers will want to jump right into the next story without taking a break between them for things like eating dinner or sweeping the floors.   Four Strong Stars. 

Barbour Publishing provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are solely my own. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment