©picture by scribbles (Marye McKenney)

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Hooked on You


I know Kathleen Fuller by the Amish romances she writes, so this book is a departure for her.  Once I got into the book, I was surprised that it took place in my old stomping grounds.  I got a big kick out of picturing the places in my mind, because I know them well. 

Riley is trying to live in New York and make it big in the art world.  When her grandmother, Erma,  breaks her leg playing in the church softball league, Erma calls Riley to come and take care of her.  In her inimitable way, Erma sends her friend, Hayden, to pick up Riley from the airport.  Erma is engaging in a bit of match-making and hoping that Riley will make her home in Maple Falls, and help her with her yarn store, Knots and Tangles. 

The first thing Riley sees in the store is how cluttered it is and how hard it is to move around inside the store.  Riley determines to do an overhaul of the store to make it more customer friendly.  

Hayden works in his father's hardware store just across the main street from Knots and Tangles.  He and Riley bump into each other frequently and a cautious friendship begins to grow. 

The only fly in the ointment occurs when Riley's mom comes to town and stirs up a bit of trouble.  

I chose this book because it dealt with some things I truly enjoy, especially yarn and yarn crafts. I did glean some ideas for projects I want to make. 😊

This is a solid four star book, a light read for a day when nothing more is needed. 

Thomas Nelson and NetGalley.com provided the copy I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment